Cincinnati VA Medical Center
The Cincinnati VA understands the health care needs of women Veterans and has shown their commitment to meeting those needs with a fully updated and remodeled Women's Health Care Center in 2011. You'll like the way we combine personal service with state-of-the-art equipment and the latest technology. When you come to our Center, you'll meet a team of healthcare professionals ready to serve you in private comfortable surroundings. You can get all the care you need in one place with the dignity and sensitivity you deserve.
As a patient of the Women Veterans Health Center, you will see the same staff of dedicated health care professionals every time you come in. We want to get to know you!
Women's Healthcare for Acute and Chronic Conditions
Maternity Care Coordination
Annual Pelvice Exams
Appointments can be scheduled Monday – Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Gynecology, Well Women Screening or Primary Care Pink Team: Contact Leanne Hughes at 513-487-6628
Mammogram information: Contact Sharon McKenzie at 513-487-6617
How to Access Services
Women who believe they are eligible for care can call 1-800-368-8262 ext. 2128. Please bring your DD214 for registration and/or enrollment.
Women Veterans Comprehensive Health and Wellness Center will offer a range of health education sessions led by health care providers that have first-hand knowledge of the latest information. Please note future sessions will be scheduled and the time and location will be posted.
CBOC Women's Health Liaisons
Georgetown: Patricia Seddon, LPN 937-378-3413
Clermont: Eileen Zude 513-943-3680
Hamilton: Angela Choulat 513-870-9444
Dearborn, Indiana: Mindy Schwallie 812-539-2313
Bellevue, Kentucky: Shirley Bolton 859-392-9240
Florence, Kentucky: Tonya Kerns 859-272-4482
Our Women Veterans Program Manager advises and advocates for women Veterans. She can help coordinate all the services you may need, from primary care to specialized care for chronic conditions or reproductive health. VA health care for women Veterans includes:
- General care includes health evaluation and counseling, disease prevention, nutrition counseling, weight control, smoking cessation, and substance abuse counseling and treatment as well as gender-specific primary care, such as cervical cancer screens (Pap smears), breast cancer screens (mammograms), birth control, preconception counseling, Human Papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine, menopausal support (hormone replacement therapy).
- Mental health includes evaluation and assistance for issues such as depression, mood, and anxiety disorders; intimate partner and domestic violence; sexual trauma; elder abuse or neglect; parenting and anger management; marital, caregiver, or family-related stress; and post-deployment adjustment or post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
- Military Sexual Trauma (MST). Women-and men as well-may experience repeated sexual harassment or sexual assault during their military service. Special services are available to women who have experienced MST. VA provides free, confidential counseling and treatment for mental and physical health conditions related to MST. More information is available about MST from the national Women Veterans Health Care program and the VHA Office of Mental Health.
- Management and screening of chronic conditions includes heart disease, diabetes, cancer, glandular disorders, osteoporosis, and fibromyalgia as well as sexually transmitted diseases such as HIV/AIDS and hepatitis. Reproductive health care includes maternity care, infertility evaluation and limited treatment; sexual problems, tubal ligation, urinary incontinence, and others. VA is prohibited by legislative authority from providing either in-vitro fertilization or abortion services.
- Rehabilitation, homebound, and long-term care. VA referrals are given to those in need of rehabilitation therapies such as physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech-language therapy, exercise therapy, recreational therapy, and vocational therapy. Homebound and long-term care services are available as well, limited to those meeting specific requirements.