Cincinnati VA Medical Center
The Urology Department at Cincinnati VA Medical Center cares for patients with a variety of urologic diseases and conditions. We provide medical and surgical care in urology, including advanced laparoscopy. Along with the medical oncology service, the urology department also provides a comprehensive care for urologic cancers.
Our services include:
- Treating difficult urination and urinary obstruction
- Urinary incontinence workup and management
- Overactive bladder medical treatment and bladder injection of Botox to induce relaxation
- Workup for blood in the urine and treatment of the cause
- Relief of urinary tract stones including medical and surgical management
- Surgical correction of anatomic defects in the urinary tract
- Vasectomy reversal
- Workup for male infertility and varicocelectomy
- Workup and management of urinary tract infections and urinary tract inflammatory
- Surgical correction of testicular torsion
- Correction of congenital defects of kidney obstruction
- Kidney repair or removal for trauma and bleeding.
- Management of erectile dysfunction
- Medical management, injection treatment and surgical shunting for priapism
- Medical and injection management of Peyronie's disease
- Correction of urinary channel fistulas and repair of hypospadias
- Hydrocele aspiration and surgery.
- Ureteral re-implant in the bladder and ureteral substitution by bowel for cancer or injury
- Adrenal surgery for cancer and benign masses, open and laparoscopic
- Bladder cancer including endoscopic surgical treatment as well as bladder removal (partial or radical cystectomy) and urinary diversion for certain stages
- Diagnosis and counseling regarding prostate cancer.
- Surgical treatment of prostate cancer using the da Vinci robotic surgery system and traditional methods
- Diagnosis and treatment of ureteral cancers using endoscopic and open surgical procedures
- Kidney cancer surgery including partial or complete removal of kidney
- Penile cancer surgery
- Testicular cancer surgery
- Insertion of testicular prosthesis
Chemotherapy and radiation for urologic cancers are provided through the medical oncology service, in close coordination.
- 513-861-3100 Ext. 6073
Hours of Operation
- 8:00 am to 4:30 pm