Cincinnati VA Medical Center
Veteran Transportation System
The Veterans Transportation Program (VTP) seeks to assist Veterans in accessing healthcare appointments by providing or connecting Veterans with medically appropriate and cost-effective transportation and or reimbursement.
There are two offices that make up (VTP) are Beneficiary Travel (BT) and Veterans Transportation Service (VTS).
Beneficiary Travel program provides eligible Veterans and other beneficiaries mileage reimbursement.
(VTS) supplements existing transportation available to get you to and from your medical appointments.
The VetRide platform allows Veterans to register for VetRide services, request a ride and receive notices about the status of your rides. Veterans may control their account from a desktop as well as a smart device.
Watch this VetRide video to learn more:
Register for a VetRide account at: https://www.vetride.net/
- You must be a Veteran and have no other means of transportation (car, family, bus route, etc.) Car trouble does not count.
- You must live with-in 30 minutes from the CVAMC (verified using Google map or other mapping program.)
- Enrolled in VA Healthcare and have a verified appointment at the VA or referral for community care – 30-minute rule applies (VTS) does not transport to CBOCs currently.)
- Reservations must be made one week in advance and incoming appointment times need to be between the hours of 9:00 am to 2:00 pm, Monday – Friday.
- A Veteran may be accompanied by one caregiver, spouse or family member.
If you have any questions regarding our Veterans Transportation Program, please give us a call at 513-487-6066.