Volunteer or Donate
Cincinnati VA Medical Center relies on the goodwill of our benefactors and volunteers who wish to give something back to America's heroes.
Our volunteers provide an abundance of compassion, energy, and spirit to our Veterans. They fulfill many important roles throughout the Medical Center to help make our patients' stay more enjoyable. Volunteers can perform a number of services, and a volunteer's talents are closely matched with one of our many assignments.
To volunteer, call or visit the VAMC Voluntary Service Office at (513) 475-6332 or (513) 861-3100 ext. 4957. We will be delighted to discuss assignments that would fit your availability and interest. Your support of our Veterans will help us in our mission to provide comfort and care to America's heroes.
Simple. Speedy. Safe. The new E-Donate service now available online allows community members who wish to give back to Veterans a quick, safe way to pledge their support. Through E-Donate, donors can select from a number of accounts at the medical center they wish to donate to U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs administrative costs are appropriated so donors can be 100 percent certain their donations will go directly to the funds and Veteran patients they select.
Donated money at the Cincinnati medical center goes to support 100 percent Veteran-focused programs. The actual donation is made through a secure site at the Department of Treasury’s www.pay.gov. A minimum of $5 is required for online donation and you can donate by any electronic means commonly used on the Internet today (i.e. credit card or debit card). You choose the medical center, you choose the amount, and you choose from available options how your money will support local Veterans.
So you may not have the time to volunteer but you want to show your support for Veterans. Please know that Voluntary Service accepts and greatly appreciates monetary or in-kind donations which are used solely for the comfort and welfare of our Veteran patients at the Cincinnati VA Medical Center, Ft. Thomas, KY VA, and our six surrounding Community-Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOC). Here are a few examples of how donations are applied to Veteran-focused programs:
- Recreational Patient Activities: fishing trips, equestrian visits, Reds and Bengals games, Cincinnati Museum Center visits, and golf outings.
- Veteran Shuttle Service: Voluntary Service offers visitors who visit the Cincinnati VA Medical Center shuttle service to and from their vehicle. This is a valuable service offered to Veterans, particularly those who struggle with mobility issues. To maintain this service, donations are used to replace batteries, install seat belts, replace side foot/step panels, replace tires, etc.
- Hospice Comfort Cart: For the families of Veterans who are approaching end-of-life, Voluntary Service provides a comfort cart to each room so that family members need not leave their loved ones bedside. Each cart is filled with comfort items such as, a handmade quilt, magazines/books, notepad, ink pen, refreshment snacks, and more.
In-kind contributions are used to make our patients' stay more enjoyable. Items which are accepted include:
- coffee and tea
- magazines, books and puzzles
- new clothing items
- telephone cards
- greeting cards
- notepads and writing utensils
- playing cards
- hand-held electronic games
- postage stamps
If you are dropping off a donation at the Cincinnati VA Medical Center, please call our office (513) 475-6332 prior to your arrival so that we can assist you with your donation. In addition, please note the drop off dates/times - Noon - 3:00 (Monday and Friday).
For a more comprehensive listing of Veteran-focused program needs, please view the Wish List.
If you would like to volunteer your time or make a donation, please contact the VA Medical Center, Voluntary Service Office at (513) 475-6332 or (513) 861-3100 ext. 4957. Your time and resources are greatly appreciated!